Lifeline Direct – South West Victoria
Lifeline Direct – South West Vic delivers a range of suicide prevention and crisis support services within the Great South Coast rural municipalities of Glenelg, Southern Grampians, Moyne, Corangamite and the City of Warrnambool. The population base for the area is approximately 102,000.
We are a community service organisation that has been saving lives and supporting those in need since 1984. We’re committed to empowering individuals to be suicide-safe through connection, compassion and hope. Our vision is an Australia free of suicide.
With 19 staff members and an active volunteer base of over 150 people, Lifeline Direct – South West Vic currently:
- Answers over 9,000 calls to Australians experiencing a personal crisis through Lifeline’s national 13 11 14 crisis support service
- Provides suicide prevention and domestic violence response training to frontline services workers and the general community
- Offers Crisis Support Workplace Training to the general community to enable them to become a qualified telephone crisis supporter for the 13 11 14 service
- Is the Lead Agency for Fight For Your Life, the Great South Coast Suicide Prevention Strategy – which aims to reduce suicides in the Great South Coast by 50% by 2023, and incorporates services such as Support Following Suicide and Connect Call Back Service
- Generates over 85% of its operating costs through:
- fundraising events, such as the Easter Book Fair, Out of the Shadows and Stress Down Day
- a sorting/ recycling Warehouse, that processes all donations from the community, and five opportunity shops throughout the region (Camperdown, Hamilton, Port Fairy, Portland and Warrnambool), that provide the community with low cost second hand goods and clothing;
Address: 719 Raglan Parade Warrnambool Victoria 3280
Phone: (03) 5559 0555